Monday 1 April 2013

1st April - Easter Bonnet

I had a recent request from my sister to make an Easter bonnet for my little niece Erica, all my nieces and nephews are entering an Easter bonnet parade today and my sister thought it would be a good idea for Erica to have a balloon bonnet.

This photo is NOT a picture of my niece, I decided to use my bear as a model for the bonnet instead, Erica is not quite as hairy as this. The Easter bonnet is in 2 parts, firstly the hat part, it is made from 11 balloons, I started with a flower weave for the main base and then added the outer rim, all I needed to do next was add the flowers around the edge.

The little duckling on top is one of the designs from Dylan Gelinas, he is called Hiccup the duck and is available from Dylans website at http://www.slightlytwistedballoons.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment