Wednesday 22 May 2013

22nd May - Mr Tickle

Here is one for the kids (of all ages), its Mr Tickle, I used to love the Mr Men so I had to do some of the Mr Men characters at some point in my blog, 

Mr Tickle is made from 6 balloons, I started with an 11 inch orange round balloon and created 4 raisin twists, 1 for each arm and leg (if you don't know what a raisin twist is then the clue is in the name, it involves a raisin sized scrap of tied up balloon put inside an inflated balloon and then used as an anchor point)

I then added the hat, this is made from a bit of 350 and a 160, it is then attached to the knot of the orange balloon. The Arms come next, these are 2 orange 160s attached to the first 2 raisin twists, then the legs are made from half an orange 260 each, again they are attached to the last 2 raisin twists.

If you are unfamiliar with balloon modelling and balloon sizes then here is a guide - a 160 balloon is 1 inch diameter and 60 inches long, a 260 is 2" by 60" long, 350 is 3" by 50", you also get 5" rounds which are exactly what it says on the packet - 5 inch and round, then there are 11" rounds. There are a host of other shapes and sizes including donuts, bees and hearts but keep watching and I will tell you about those when I use them next.

You can follow My Daily Balloon several other ways,
either head over to Facebook -www.facebook.com/mydailyballoon and hit the 'like' button
or follow me on Twitter - @magirob





No comments:

Post a Comment