Friday 31 May 2013

31st May - Vase of Flowers

My Nan is arriving tomorrow and staying for the week so to brighten up the spare room I made her some flowers in a vase, it is a vase of 8 flowers and the whole thing is made from 17 balloons. 

The vase is made from 4 x 260s and I put a round balloon into the base filled with water for a bit of stability, you can't see this balloon.

The flower stems are made from 4 green 160s and the flowers are 8 x 160s.


Coming up on June 2nd, I will be doing a live balloon sculpture at the Aspex Gallery in Gunwharf Quays, Portsmouth, it is to help celebrate the Camp Bestival Around the World Tour, between the hours of 11am and 2pm I will be creating my biggest sculpture of the year so far (at nearly 6 feet across and 5 feet tall, eeek) there will be lots of other activities taking place in the gallery and and you can find out more about it here - http://www.strong-island.co.uk/2013/05/30/camp-bestivals-around-the-world-kids-disco-tour/

You can keep up to date with all the latest news and sculptures by heading over to Facebook -www.facebook.com/mydailyballoon and hitting the 'like' button.

You can also follow me on Twitter - @magirob

No comments:

Post a Comment